Meet TMEMS Day at the Montano Campus is a special, once-a-year event that our school holds to invite the community to tour our beautiful campus, hear students play the violin, get questions answered by the experts (our incredible teachers), and learn more about the first-class education children get at our school. Our Application for Enrollment is now available so you can get a head start on the Admissions process!
FAQ’s about Meet TMEMS Day!
- Can I bring my kids, grandparents, etc?
- Yes! The open house is suitable for the entire family. We suggest that you bring the potential TMEMS students so they can get a feel for the school. You may want to make outside arrangements for your other children so that the focus remains on the potential TMEMS student during the event. All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Do I need to be there right at 10:00 am and stay till noon?
- No, it is an open house so you are welcome to come and go anytime between the hours of 10:00 am and 12:00 pm. We have a few scheduled music performances with our current students. There will be musical performances throughout the event. We suggest attending at least one of these performances!
- If I am not one of the first people to get my application in, does it make a difference in the Lottery process?
- No. It doesn’t matter when you get your child’s application into TMEMS. We suggest that you get the application in before the Initial Lottery pull at our next Governing Council meeting after Meet TMEMS; however, it does not matter when you get it in before then. Every application has the same chance of getting an opening for their particular grade level in the Lottery process.
- I don’t understand the Lottery process. What should I do?
- Read our Admissions FAQ’s! It is very important that everyone read the Admissions FAQ’s before attending the event. We have found that most parent questions can be answered by reading this document.
- What should I do before attending ‘Meet TMEMS’?
- Read the Admissions FAQ’s.
- If you are not familiar with the Montessori method of teaching or Suzuki Music, please look through our website for more information about our school curriculum, the Montessori Method, and our Fine Arts program. When you attend the event, you will have a chance to meet all of our staff to get any specific questions answered.
- What should I expect to do at Meet TMEMS?
- The event is an open house format where you can feel free to explore all of our classrooms, including our Fine Arts. Our staff will be available for questions and to direct you to different areas of the school. Our music staff has scheduled performances throughout the event. They will be available between performances for questions. Our office staff will have applications ready for you to complete at the event or you are welcome to print off an application (on our Application for Enrollment page) to bring with you or send in later.
- I can’t come to Meet TMEMS. When can I get a tour?
- Meet TMEMS Day is a once-a-year event. It is the only day of the year that TMEMS gives tours to the public. If you are unable to attend, we suggest that you explore our website thoroughly to get a feeling for what TMEMS is all about. If you think you would like your child to attend TMEMS, fill out an application and send it to us via fax or through the mail. If your child’s name is pulled in a Lottery, we can schedule a tour of the school at that point. Thank you for respecting and understanding our policy to give our current students the best learning environment possible.
- Where can I get an Application for Enrollment for the upcoming school year?
- The Application for Enrollment for the 2024-2025 school year will be available beginning January 5, 2024. An Application for Enrollment needs to be filled out for the correct school year every year to be included in that Lottery process. If you are interested in applying for the 2023-2024 school year, please email Amanda @ email@example.com. The 2023-2024 Application for Enrollment is only valid for the 2023-2024 school year, and the 2024-2025 Application will only be valid for the 2024-2025 school year. Thank you for using the correct application for the right school year.