TMEMS Casita Preschool
A tuition-based, non-denominational preschool program dedicated to providing a quality Montessori education in a warm loving environment. Montessori introduces children to the joy of learning at an early age and provides a framework for their future success!
TMEMS Casita Preschool Program is for children age 3 years - 5 years old.
“Education is a natural process carried out by the child and is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in the environment.”
~Dr. Maria Montessori
The Montessori Method
The Montessori Method is an educational method for children, based on theories of child development originated by Italian educator Maria Montessori in the early 20th century. The method is characterized by an emphasis on self-directed activity on the part of the child and clinical observation on the part of the teacher. It stresses the importance of adapting the child's learning environment to his or her developmental level, and of the role of physical activity in absorbing academic concepts and practical skills.
Montessori is not a system for training children in academic studies; nor is it a label to be put on educational materials. It is a revolutionary method of observing and supporting the natural development of children. Montessori educational practice helps children develop creativity, problem-solving, critical thinking and time-management skills, to contribute to society and the environment, and to become fulfilled persons in their particular time and place on Earth.
Montessori introduces children to the joy of learning at an early age and provides a framework in which individual and social discipline go hand in hand.
TMEMS Casita Preschool Program teachers use the Montessori method and Montessori materials.
TMEMS Casita Preschool Information
“Casita” is dedicated to the total development of the constantly growing child. Providing an environment that reflects a peaceful, safe, and secure home-like atmosphere will foster a child’s love of learning and respect for self, and others. This enables the child to become an independent, self-motivated and contributing, peaceful member of the global community. We are equally dedicated to developing and maintaining a mutually respectful partnership with parents/guardians and teachers in the best interest of the child, which will help shape the perception of the importance of education.
Our Philosophy of TMEMS Casita Preschool is based on the teaching and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. Montessori education follows the child. At TMEMS Casita Preschool, the child’s academic, emotional, social, and behavioral state and needs drive the lessons, activities, and curriculum. We believe that the quality of our school is achieved through the cooperation of knowledgeable and caring teachers and parents.
TMEMS Casita Preschool Program is structured as a learning environment where students can learn and grow throughout the year. All TMEMS Casita students are full-time students. We do not offer part-time or half-day programs in order to provide consistency and structure for our students.
We are excited to announce that we will now have the option for TMEMS Casita Preschool students to join us for the summer months of June & July 2023. This option will give families the ability to have childcare during our summer break from our normal school-year calendar.
We encourage parents to participate in their child’s education through various volunteer opportunities at our preschool. Parent involvement is essential to the TMEMS Casita community and is the foundation of the preschool.
We utilize a Lottery system to pull for openings for the upcoming school year. Please note: Enrollment in our Preschool program does not automatically allow for students to be admitted to the TMEMS Kindergarten program. All TMEMS Casita Preschool students will need to complete an appropriate Application for Enrollment to TMEMS for their Kindergarten year and be chosen through the Lottery process, to be offered a spot in the TMEMS Kindergarten program. Per state law, to be eligible to enter Kindergarten, students must turn 5 years old by September 1st.
Our Preschool Curriculum
At TMEMS Casita Preschool, we use a prepared environment that contributes to the child’s learning experience and love for knowledge. A day’s activities fall into one or many of the following areas, which permits each child to learn at his/her own pace and to maximize his/her interests in specific areas. The following are work areas in the Casita environment:
- PRACTICAL LIFE consists of physical tasks that help develop coordination, concentration, order, independence, and self-confidence. Absorption in these activities also gradually lengthens the child’s attention span.
- SENSORIAL area consists of activities that allow the child freedom for spontaneous discoveries as the child concentrates on the training of his senses. The use of concrete sensorial materials establishes the necessary foundation for the child to later recognize abstract ideas with greater understanding.
- LANGUAGE area starts with a hands-on learning environment. Language development spans all areas of the classroom and is alive with movement. In the Montessori environment, children learn through phonics as well as sight-reading through labels in the classroom.
- GEOGRAPHY employs not only the study of the world’s physical environment but also the study of different cultures including their history.
- SCIENCE in the Montessori environment starts with learning about the world surrounding the child. He/she explores living and non-living things and identifies plants, leaf formations, body parts, rocks, etc.
- ART gives the child an opportunity to express himself/herself creatively. Various media are available throughout the school year.
- MUSIC AND MOVEMENT stresses the exploration of rhythm, sound, and pitch. Singing, recorded music, song, and dance enable the child to participate and express themselves. Supervised outdoor play takes place during recess hours. These activities are essential for the development of large muscle control
Hours of Operation
Our school day curriculum (as of the '22-'23 school year) is from 8:40 am - 2:15 pm. You may drop off as early as 8:20 am and pick up as late as 2:35 pm for no additional charge. Before Care is available beginning at 7:10 am for a flat fee of $5 per day. After Care is available until 5:00 pm for a flat fee of $5 per day. We do not provide childcare during holiday breaks, or school days off. Parents should make arrangements for childcare during these days off. Please see our TMEMS Official Calendar for details, as the Preschool follows the same calendar as TMEMS. Hours of operation and prices are subject to change.
Tuition & Fees
Please click on the following link to see details of our monthly tuition and optional Summer Program info!