Meet TMES & TMMS Day 2018
Saturday, February 3rd, 2018
10:00 am – noon @ 1730 Montano Rd NW, 87107
Meet Casita Day 2018
Saturday, February 3rd, 2018
1:00 - 2:00 pm @ 5801 Carmel Ave NE, 87113
Meet TMES & TMMS Day at the Montano Campus is a special, once-a-year event that our school holds to invite the community to tour our beautiful campus, hear students play the violin, get questions answered by the experts (our incredible teachers) and learn more about the first class education children get at our school. Meet Casita Day at our Carmel Campus is also your once-a-year opportunity to see our Carmel Campus for our 3 year old class and one of our 4-6 classrooms. February 3rd is the first day applications become available for the upcoming school year. So don’t miss this fun and informative event!
The next Meet TMES & TMMS Day (and also Meet Casita Day) will be held on Saturday, February 3rd, 2018. This will be the first day applications will be available for the 2018-2019 school year.
FAQ’s about Meet TMES & TMMS Day!
- Why are there two events at different times and addresses?
- We have two campuses! Our 'Montano Campus' is located at 1730 Montano Rd NW in Albuquerque. We have students ranging in age between 4 years old all the way through 8th grade at the Montano Campus. Our 'Carmel Campus' is located at 5801 Carmel Ave NE in Albuquerque. This is our smaller campus that holds all our 3 year old students and one of our 4-6 classrooms. If you have a potential 3 year old, 4 year old or Kindergarten student, we encourage you to visit both campuses on February 3rd. For more information about our tuition-based preschool program for 3 and 4 year old students, please see our TMES Casita Preschool page.
- Can I bring my kids, grandparents, etc?
- Yes! The open house is suitable for the entire family. We suggest that you definitely bring the potential TMES/TMMS student so they can get a feel for the school. You may want to make outside arrangements for your other children so that the focus remains on the potential TMES/TMMS student during the event. All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Do I need to be there right at 10:00 am and stay till 12:00 pm?
- No, it is an open house so you are welcome to come and go anytime between the hours of 10:00 am and 12:00 pm. We have a few scheduled music performances with our current students. There will be a musical performances throughout the event. We suggest attending at least one of these performances!
- If I am not one of the first people to get my application in, does it make a difference in the Lottery process?
- No. It doesn’t matter when you get your child’s application in to TMES/TMMS. We suggest that you do get the application in before the Initial Lottery pull at our next Governing Council meeting on February 27, 2018; however it does not matter when you get it in before then. Every application has the same chance of getting an opening for their particular grade level in the Lottery process.
- I don’t understand the Lottery process. What should I do?
- Read our Admissions FAQ’s! It is very important that everyone read the Admissions FAQ’s before attending the event. We have found that most parent questions can be answered by reading this document.
- What should I do before attending ‘Meet TMES’?
- Read the Admissions FAQ’s.
- If you are not familiar with the Montessori method of teaching or Suzuki Music, please look through our website for more information about our school curriculum, the Montessori Method and our Fine Arts program. When you attend the event, you will have a chance to meet all of our staff to get any specific questions answered.
- What should I expect to do at Meet TMES/TMMS?
- The event is an open house format where you can feel free to explore all of our classrooms, including our Fine Arts. Our staff will be available for questions and to direct you to different areas of the school. Our music staff has scheduled performances throughout the event. They will be available between performances for questions. Our office staff will have applications ready for you to complete at the event or you are welcome to print off an application (at the top of this page beginning the morning of February 3rd) to bring with you or send in later. The Application for Enrollment will not be available for the 2018-2019 school year until February 3rd.
- I can’t come to Meet TMES/TMMS or Meet Casita Day. When can I get a tour?
- Meet TMES & TMMS Day is a once-a-year event. It is the only day of the year that TMES/TMMS gives tours to the public. If you are unable to attend, we suggest that you explore our website thoroughly to get a feeling for what TMES/TMMS is all about. If you think you would like your child to attend TMES or TMMS, fill out an application and send it into us via fax or through the mail. If your child’s name is pulled in a Lottery, we can schedule a tour of the school at that point. Thank you for respecting and understanding our policy to give all of our current students the best learning environment possible.
- Where can I get an Application of Enrollment for the upcoming school year?
- The Application for Enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year is available beginning February 3rd. An Application for Enrollment needs to be filled out for the correct school year every year in order to be included in that Lottery process. Thank you for using the correct application for the correct school year.