Are you ready for an incredible 2019-2020 school year?
Please see below for information about how to prepare for the first day of school on Wednesday, August 7th, 2019!
We are working on an online registration system using the Tyler SIS Parent Portal. We will send out a link to register your child at TMES/TMMS/Casita during the week of July 15th. Stay tuned for more details!
Reminders about Registration:
- Your child’s birth certificate and immunization record is required (if you are registering your child for the first time).
- It is required that families complete Registration for each of their children attending TMES, TMMS or Casita before the first day of school. Students will not be able to attend classes until the the Registration process has been completed.
Student Account Balances:
Final bill: The final bill for childcare (and any other school charges) for the 2018-2019 school year are now available on your child's Typer SIS Parent Portal account. Please remit payment in full before the first day of school. Any family who has a bill that is not paid in full by the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year will have restrictions to childcare, registration and other privileges. Thank you for your understanding and prompt payment of debts.
Before and After Care:
- Before and After Care will begin on the first day of school, August 7th. Complete childcare info is available on our Before & After Care Program page. Please note: If you have not completed your child's registration packet and required documents, they may not join Before or After Care until it is complete. Also, if you have a balance on their TMES/TMMS/Casita account, your child may not join Before or After Care until it is paid in full. Thank you for your cooperation.
Important Information for Parents:
- There is a wealth of information about our prescription and non-perscription medication policies, volunteer policy, background checks, etc. on our Important Information for Parents page on our website. We suggest you read through that page to familiarize yourself with important policies at TMES/TMMS/Casita.
Violin & Cello:
- Violin & Cello Purchase or Rental: Please remember that our violin & cello teachers will measure your student at the beginning of the school year for their current size. Please do not purchase or rent a violin or cello without the recommendation of one of our teachers first!
- This information is important for all incoming 2nd grade students and all students new to our Strings Program at TMES & TMMS.
- Your child may choose either violin or cello. Once they make their choice, we highly recommend they do not change instruments for the first few years of instruction!
- Please do not purchase a violin or cello without prior recommendation from our Strings staff. We can save you money and trouble so it is important that you wait until you speak with us before purchasing an instrument!
- We will measure students for their violin or cello at the beginning of the school year. We ask that you wait for us to measure your child before renting or purchasing an instrument. It is very important that you do not rent or purchase an instrument before our teachers size your child!
- All new Strings Program families at TMES & TMMS should attend the three Parent Violin & Cello Education Nights we will have scheduled. This will give you the knowledge you need to help your child succeed in Strings for years to come! Please plan on attending all three meetings. We will have the dates available soon.
If you would like to contact our Strings staff, you are welcome to email anytime. We look forward to meeting you!
We will have an Open House at both our Carmel Campus and our Montano Campus to kick off the new school year. This will be a casual, short event for families to be able to see the class lists, meet the teacher and other families. Please join us!
- Carmel Campus: Tuesday, August 6th from 5:30 - 6:30 pm
- Montano Campus: Tuesday, August 6th from 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Dress Code for 2019-2020:
Good news! We are sticking with the Dress Code from last year so it is easy to follow. Please remember that APPROPRIATE words and images are now allowed but we ask that parents keep clothing "distraction-free" as possible. For example: a butterfly on a shirt, the word 'Hawaii', plaid, etc is fine. Please do not dress your child in anything with cartoon characters or celebrities, or something that will distract them during the school day. The Dress Code applies to ALL of our students. (Middle School students wear a uniform and must abide by TMMS uniform standards also.) Click here to read our entire Dress Code for the 2019-2020 school year (same as 2018-2019).
- Supply lists: Below are the 2019-2020 supply lists you will need for your student(s). Please make sure to buy supplies for the grade level your child will be entering next school year. For instance, 2018-2019 Kindergarteners will now need to purchase the items on the 6-9 supply list, the 2018-2019 3rd year students are now 9-11 students, and so on. You are welcome to purchase any brand you like, unless the brand has been specified on the supply list.
- Supply drop-off: both Carmel campus & Montano campus families drop off at the Montano Campus
- All Montano Campus & Carmel Campus families: Items listed under the "Community Supply" section should be dropped off through our drive-thru drop-off area at the Montano Campus on Monday, August 5th between 9 am – 2 pm. Supplies listed as “Individual Supplies” may be brought directly to your child's classroom at the Open House on August 6th or on first day of school on August 7th
- Backpack rule: We have decided to keep the 3 year olds, 4 year olds, Kindergarten and the 6-9 levels as “No Backpack” groups. Please respect the no backpack request and do not send a backpack in with your child unless they are in 4th - 8th grade. 3 year old through 3rd grade students should have a reusable canvas or nylon bag that can be emptied, folded and stored each day. The 9–11 and midschool level students will be allowed to bring standard size (or smaller) backpacks to school (NO roller bag backpacks please). This policy was made taking into consideration the logistics of the classrooms and the maturity level of the students. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding!
3 Year Old, 4 year Old and Kindergarten Parents:
- Our 3 year old, 4 year old and Kindergarten students will be on a half day schedule August 7th - 9th. Please be prepared to pick up your child between 12:30 - 1:00 pm those days. After Care is not available for your 3 year old, 4 year old or Kindergarten Level child during any of those afternoons. Your child's teacher will schedule a Parent/Teacher meeting that week (if your child is new to their classroom/teacher). The first full day schedule for your child will begin on Monday, August 12th. After Care will also be available for your child beginning on August 12th. Your child may join Before Care beginning on August 7th. For more details about this age group, please see the page: https://tmesnm.com/school-life/info-for-ages-3-4-kinder-families
Middle School Parents:
- It is imperative that you have read the TMMS Parent Orientation Info & Dress Code for important information for your 6th - 8th grade student. Make sure to have your 6th or 7th grade student prepared to leave for Oro Quay on August 8th (the second day of school). 8th grade students are scheduled to go on a 3 night/4 day camping trip overnight to Mesa Verde, CO, August 6th - 9th.
- Please don't forget about the TMMS Dress Code!
- Solid color polo shorts (any color- no stripes, polka dots, etc)
- Khaki style pants, shorts, skirts or jumpers (no jeans or cargo pants)
Upper Elementary Parents:
- All 9-11 students are scheduled to go to Camp Oro Quay for an overnight trip on Thursday, August 22nd through Friday, August 23rd. Permission packets will be sent home during the first week of school. The overnight trip will cost approximately $90. More details will be available soon.
- Click the following link for the 2019-2020 Official School Calendar for TMES/TMMS/Casita students.
- Throughout the school year, we encourage you to visit our Calendar & Events tab for important dates.
Important Dates for August:
- August 5th: "Community Supply" Drive-Thru Drop-Off at the Montano Campus from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- August 6th: Carmel Campus Open House from 5:30 - 6:30 pm
- August 6th: Montano Campus Open House from 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- August 6th - 9th: Mesa Verde, CO 3 night/4 day camping trip for all 8th grade students
- August 7th: First Day of School! (All students except 8th grade)
- August 8th - 9th: Camp Oro Quay overnight for 6th & 7th grade students
- August 7th - 9th: Half day schedule for all 3 year old, 4 year old and Kindergarten students, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- August 12th: First full day schedule for all 3 year old, 4 year old and Kindergarten students
- August 22nd - 23rd: Camp Oro Quay overnight for all 9-11 students
Parent Violin & Cello Education Nights for NEW Strings Program families: