Ms. Mandi Mitchell
My name is Ms. Mandi and this is my eighth year of teaching. This is my second year teaching in the 9-11 level at TMES. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with a Social Studies endorsement in 2001. I earned my Master of Arts in Elementary Education in 2002. Prior to teaching at TMES, I taught 5th grade for three years, 1st grade for three years, and 6th grade Social Studies for one semester in APS schools. I also worked as Ms. Lisa's 6-9 assistant for one semester. I recently received my Upper Elementary Montessori diploma after completing NAMC training.
I was born in England and grew up in a small town near Belen. I have lived in Albuquerque for most of my adult life. During my seven year hiatus from teaching, I took care of my three children as an at-home mom and my family spent some time living in northern California. I am proud to call New Mexico my home. I enjoy reading, running, and spending time with my husband, our three children, and our two dachshunds. My children are TMES students and we have been here since our oldest entered kindergarten in 2011. Now he is a 4th year, our daughter is a 2nd year, and our youngest son in kindergarten. I have loved TMES from day one as a parent and am both honored to teach with and inspired by my colleagues.
Ms. Mandi’s Class Mission Statement
We are a loving and caring classroom. Our class is helpful, peaceful, and respectful. We are always improving. Each of us is unique in our own way. We cherish who we are and accept one another. We are non-bullying neurosculptors.
* bagless upright vacuum, new or used, such as: http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-AS2113A-Bagless-Upright-Pacific/dp/B00WGEW9CA/ref=lp_510110_1_4?s=vacuums&ie=UTF8&qid=1438995386&sr=1-4
* countertop microwave, new or used, such as: http://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-WM009-Counter-Microwave-Stainless/dp/B00BGTRK66/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1438995467&sr=1-4&keywords=microwave
* 3-hole punch, new or used, such as: http://www.amazon.com/Swingline-Desktop-Hole-Punch-Precision/dp/B0006HUPHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438995541&sr=8-1&keywords=3+hole+punch
* small (personal size) dry erase boards, such as: http://www.amazon.com/Sparco-Marker-Melamine-Surface-SPR75620/dp/B001PME3FA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1438995582&sr=8-2&keywords=small+dry+erase+boards
* lined index cards
* blank index cards
* plastic sheet protectors
- Parent volunteer to wash two cloth table cloths every other week
- Parent volunteer to create small knitting work and demonstration for practical life
- Parent volunteer to create small sewing work and demonstrating for practical life
- Parent volunteer for PE on Fridays. The volunteer will have the support of two EAs but can plan and lead activities
After the 6 week period of normalization for students, I would like to invite parent volunteers into the classroom. I am specifically looking for help with:
- listening to students read (following prepared reading comprehension materials)
- grading math facts practice/minute math
- assistance for students with laptops during computer lab time
- preparing materials
If you are interested in volunteering, either regularly or on special occasions, please email me at email@example.com so we can plan the best fit for everyone.
Scholastic Book Orders
A link to our class Scholastic page for ordering books:
<a href='https://orders.scholastic.com/N99K3'><img src='http://clubs2.scholastic.com/wcsstore/ExtendedSitesCatalogAssetStore/common/images/layout/embed-short-style.png'/></a>